Monday, December 9, 2019
DEC. 2019 - CLC Mission Opportunities Prayer List
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you...
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NKJV)
1. Kenya – On Friday, December 6, Vincent Okerosi was shot and killed by Al Shabaab Islamic terrorists near a north-east Kenyan city near the Somali border. Vincent was a teacher at St. David’s Kinship School in Etago, Kenya. He was killed along with several other non-Somali’s who were taken off a bus and executed. Please pray for Vincent’s family along with the students and staff at St. David’s School in Etago.
2. Kenya – Following the recent, heavier than usual, rains in south-west Kenya, the student latrines at St. David’s Kinship School have collapsed and need to be repaired before the students return to classes in January. Pray that the Lord will provide for this need and that repairs can be completed in time.
3. Nepal – Pastor Raju recently reported that sixty independent pastors in two different Nepali states attended two separate informational/pastoral training seminars that were offered by the HCLCN. Several of these men have expressed interest in attending classes at the Himalayan Bible Institute.
4. Nepal – Following outreach efforts and Bible instruction, twenty individuals were baptized and became members of the HCLC congregation in a Himalayan foothill village west of Kathmandu where several CLC Mission Helper teams have visited.
5. Nepal – There are ten men who are nearing graduation from the Himalayan Bible Institute. They are scheduled to graduate and be ordained in April of 2020. Missionary Ohlmann is making plans to be in Nepal to attend the service. Pray that the Lord will bless their last few months of formal training and give thanks to the Lord that these men have dedicated themselves to preaching and teaching the truth of His saving word.
6. Bangladesh – As Pastor Monotosh continues Online Theological Studies with our missionary, plans are also being made for an official colloquy in early 2020. President Eichstadt has appointed Pastor David Reim of the CLC Board of Doctrine to represent the CLC in this colloquy. Missionary Ohlmann will accompany Pastor Reim on this visit in mid-January. Pray that the Lord will bless this important next step toward establishing a God-pleasing fellowship based upon a unity of faith and doctrine.
7. Asia – The Joint Asia Pastoral Conference (JAPC) – is a conference for CLC affiliated pastors throughout Asia. It is sponsored by the CLC Board of Missions and funded through the CLC Mission Development Fund. This conference is held every other year in India. The CLCI will host the conference in early February of 2020. Missionary Ohlmann and Pastor David Reim are planning to attend. As the Lord wills, pastors from India, Nepal, and Myanmar will be in attendance. Pray that the Lord will bless this effort to encourage and build up the leaders of these church bodies through the essays and Bible studies that will be delivered. Pray also that He will bless and provide for all that is necessary for such a conference to take place.