Saturday, February 18, 2023

Sent to West Africa...

 

I'm gearing up for my first visit to Togo since before the pandemic. I'm leaving Sunday (2/19) morning, so I'll be able to arrive in time to travel with Missionary Evensen to the seminary to spend a couple of days teaching and observing classes. I'm excited to spend some time with my good friends and colleagues Missionary Peter Evensen and Pastor Kossi Blewu. I am also looking forward to seeing firsthand how the land and building have progressed. The last time I was there was when Peter first took up residence in Togo. At that time nothing had yet been built. Missionary Evensen has sent several pictures, but it will be great to see things with my own eyes. 

The following week, pastors from Togo, Liberia, Ghana, Benin, and Nigeria will gather in Lomé, Togo for the three-day West Africa CLC Pastoral Conference that is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Feb. 28th. This conference was initially scheduled for 2020 but was postponed due to the pandemic. We are expecting twenty pastors and seminary students to attend. Missionary Evensen, Pastor Blewu, and I will be hosting this semi-annual conference. Six essays will be delivered by some of the pastors in attendance from each nation in attendance. An evening worship service with the Lord's Supper will be a highlight as we gather to be encouraged by a sermon from one of the Nigerian pastors. 

Your prayers are requested and much appreciated, asking the Lord to bless all those traveling to Lomé on February 27th with safe and uneventful travel. Thank the Lord for this opportunity for these pastors to gather, study, encourage, and grow together in the saving truths of God's saving word. Ask the Lord to bless the preaching, teaching, and hearing of His word that His name will be honored. And please pray for my wife Beth and family while I am gone.

No comments: