Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Sent to Nigeria - March 2024

Later today (2/27) I will set off for Nigeria. I will fly out of St. Louis and make stops in Chicago, Brussels, Accra, and Lome before arriving in Lagos on Friday evening. I scheduled a long layover in Lome so I could spend a couple of days visiting Missionary Evensen and Pastor Blewu. While there, I am hoping to spend some time with the children who receive support from CLC Kinship. On Friday afternoon, I will take a direct flight to Lagos, where I will spend the weekend with Pastor Mike Essien, Martin and Tina Essien, and the newly established Nigeria-CLC congregation in Badagry. On Monday afternoon Martin and I will make our way back to Lagos for an evening flight from Lagos to Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. This is where the Nigeria-CLC headquarters and seminary are located and where I will spend the rest of my time before returning to Lagos for my flight back home.

While in Nigeria, I will be privileged to attend, teach, and preach at the NCLC pastoral conference. The theme for the conference is "Here I Stand, The Scriptures Cannot Be Broken." They are expecting thirty-three pastors and nine seminary students to attend. Several of the pastors will be from the new district in Bayelsa State that has been taking shape over the past few years. The NCLC commissioned an NCLC pastor to live in the area a few years ago to instruct the independent pastors and congregations who were interested in joining the NCLC. I've met representatives from this group in the past, but it will be great to finally get to know them face-to-face as we gather around God's saving Word! I am also looking forward to spending some time getting to know and encouraging the NCLC Immanuel Lutheran Seminary students. There are currently nine students enrolled. This is the most they have had in many years. Just a few years ago, they were down to just one student. Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

Your prayers for safe and uneventful travels are requested and much appreciated. Pray also our Savior would grant an abundance of the Spirit's wisdom, guidance, love, humility, and compassion that all may be done according to His will and for His kingdom!

No comments: