Monday, May 14, 2018
CLC Mission Prayer Opportunities... 14 MAY 2018
1. Nepal – Training with a group of twelve new pastors in the Dang district will begin soon. Since this west-central district of Nepal requires a 30+ hour bus ride to reach, Pastor Raju will visit the district four times a year for the next few years to provide training rather than have all of these men travel to the Himalayan Bible Institute in Kathmandu each month. Pray that the Lord will bless these men in their desire to faithfully proclaim the truth of God’s saving word. Pray also for safe travel for Pastor Raju.
2. India – Ten days of Vacation Bible School was held among several congregations of the BELC with several thousand children in attendance. Praise the Lord for this opportunity and pray that these children will be led to place their faith in our Savior Jesus Christ!
3. Haiti – Board of Missions member Steve Leinberger and Missionary Ohlmann recently conducted a visit to Haiti. They met with Pastor Emmanuel Julien and the fourteen pastors who are working to establish a church body that faithfully proclaims the truths of God’s word. Pray that the Lord would bless the study of His word as we work toward declaring fellowship. The Board of Missions has been in correspondence with these men in Haiti since 2013.
4. Nigeria – Kinship funding was recently approved and sent to provide job training for three of the older children at the Nigeria Children’s Home. Thank the Lord for this opportunity to help our brothers and sisters in Christ provide for the future needs of these two young men and one young lady. Pray for the Lord’s blessings as they receive this training to support themselves.
5. Nepal – Pray for the Gospel outreach in Nepal as new anti-conversion laws come into effect in July. These new laws are open to the interpretation of those who are charged to enforce them. The law states that those who publicly preach or teach the Bible to those of another faith with the intention of conversion are subject to punishment of five years in prison and hefty fines. Some have interpreted these laws to even prevent parents from bringing their children to baptism and Sunday School until the children reach the age when they can decide on their own if they want to hear God’s word. Pray that the Lord will embolden His children during these troubling times. For more information go to: http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/october/nepal-criminalizes-conversion-christianity-evangelism-hindu.html
6. CLC Mission Helper Trip to East Africa – Twenty-Three individuals are participating in the up-coming Mission Helper Trip to East Africa in July. Please pray that the Lord will continue to bless their preparations to proclaim the Gospel in Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia.
7. CLC Online Theological Studies – continue to pray for the following individuals who are studying God’s word through email correspondence courses as they train to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word:
· Pastor Idahosa Eghosa (Senegal, Africa)
· Pastor Jacques Pondi Lumiangu (D.R. Congo, Africa)
· Pastor Monotosh Banjaree (Bangladesh, SE Asia)
· Pastor Liberty Atawa (Zimbabwe, Africa)
· Samuel Benson Edwards and Ivan Edwards (Myanmar, Asia)
· Pastor Emmanuel Julien (Haiti)
· Evangelist Eliewaha Mshana (Tanzania, Africa)