Friday, May 3, 2019
Mission Opportunities Prayer List...03 MAY 2019
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you...
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NKJV)
1. Myanmar – Pastor Thang has been discharged from the hospital. He will need several more weeks of rest at home before he begins rehab to regain his strength. Thank the Lord for blessing Thang with successful surgery and healing. Continue to pray that the Lord will continue to bless his recovery and to provide for all his and his family’s needs.
2. Nepal – Recently three Nepali Christian pastors along with one American and one Australian missionary were arrested for proselytizing in a district where the HCLCN has also been working. The Nepali pastors have been imprisoned and the foreign missionaries were arrested and then deported. Pray that Satan’s efforts to stop the spread of the Gospel in this area of Nepal will be thwarted and that many more may hear the Gospel, repent of their sins, and join us in rejoicing in the forgiveness and eternal life we have through faith in Jesus.
3. New Missionary to begin work in Togo and West Africa – Missionary Peter Evensen is flying to Togo on May 3rd. Missionary Ohlmann will accompany him to introduce him to the leaders, pastors, and work in Togo. Missionary Evensen take up residence in Lomé, Togo where he will be working with Pastor Kossi Blewu and the Mission Evangelique Lutherienne Church of Togo (MELC). Since Missionary Evensen is conversant in French, this will be a great blessing in working with the seven men who are currently studying to be evangelists and ordained pastors at the MELC Mt. Horeb Lutheran Bible Institute. He will also have opportunities to preach and teach at the French speaking congregations and preaching stations of the MELC in Togo and Benin. Offer prayers of thanks to the Lord for the language gifts that He has given to our missionary and pray for all that is necessary for such a transition. Pray also for the Lord’s blessings on all the opportunities Missionary Evensen will have to proclaim the truth of God’s saving word.
4. CLC Mission Visit to Kenya – Pastor Michael Gurath, who serves as our CLC part-time visiting missionary to Kenya and Uganda, is in Kenya for the first two weeks of May to visit to the two schools that are being supported through Project Kinship. He will also be on hand for a pastoral conference for pastors and contacts from Kenya and Uganda. Pray for Pastor Gurath, his wife and family, and for those he goes to work with, train, and encourage.
5. India – National Elections are taking place in India over the next several weeks. For the past four years the Hindu nationalist political party (BJP) has held the majority in their government and has appointed a BJP Prime Minister. This has led to an increase in persecution of Christians in India. Continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ of the CLC-India and the BELC as they carry on with the great privilege of making disciples of all nations as they baptize and teach all that God has commanded in His Word. Pray that the Lord will keep them strong in the faith and filled with confidence in His love and the privilege of suffering for the sake of Christ and His Kingdom.