Thursday, December 28, 2017
Prayer List - 28 DEC 2017
1. Nepal – Sanju Bhitrakoti, Raju’s wife was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. She has been admitted to the hospital twice over the past couple of months. Most recently she spent twelve days being treated with medication and an IV. They are expecting their baby on January 15.
2. Tanzania – Pastor Nathanael Mayhew (CLC Bd of Missions secretary) and Missionary Ohlmann will be leaving for a three week visitation to Tanzania on January 8th. They will spend time visiting and training pastors in the Arusha, Moshi, and Makanya districts. There will also be hosting a general pastoral conference in Moshi. They will also visit new contacts in Dar es Salaam.
3. D.R. Congo – The CCLC has purchased land for the Holy Trinity Lutheran Bible Institute and has begun making bricks for the construction of a new building. This building will be built in phases over the next few years. This project will be partially funded through a grant from the CLC Mission Development Fund. Eventually the building will provide classrooms, library, offices, and dormitories for students preparing for the ministry. There are currently seven students enrolled in the three year program.
4. Zambia – Pastor Ibrahim is considering the possibility of moving from Lusaka to Livingstone so that he can spend more time training the pastors and leaders there.
5. India/Asia – The CLC-India, BELC-India, CLC-Myanmar, National Lutheran Church of Myanmar, and the Himalayan CLC of Nepal are all making preparations for the 2018 Joint Asia Pastoral Conference scheduled for early February. This conference will be held in Nellore where the BELC has a congregation. Pastor Tim Daub is making plans to attend as well. Missionary Ohlmann will be in India during this time and will also be privileged to attend.
6. Myanmar – Part-Time Visiting Missionary David Koenig and Missionary Ohlmann are making plans to visit Myanmar in late February. Seminars will be held with both church bodies that we work with in Myanmar. The National Lutheran Church is located in Yangon on the South-East border and the CLC-Myanmar is located on the South-West border.
7. Nepal – Following the Myanmar visit, Missionary Ohlmann will be in Nepal for a few weeks in early March to work with the pastors and leaders of the HCLCN.
8. Individuals in Senegal, DR Congo, Haiti, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh continue formal Online Theological Studies correspondence courses.
9. Missionary Ohlmann – will be traveling to Tanzania, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Haiti to work with pastors and leaders over the next few months.