Monday, January 8, 2018

Sent to Tanzania...

It's been almost three years since we've made a visit to Tanzania. The last time was in July of 2015 when the Mission Helper team was there. Pastor Nathanael Mayhew had served the CLC-Tanzania as our Part-Time Visiting Missionary for several years and was a part of the 2015 Mission Helper trip. The plan was for Pastor Mayhew to accompany me on this trip, but the Lord had other plans. Pastor Mayhew had an appendicitis recently that required surgery so he won't be able to make the trip. While it is disappointing that we won't be able to travel together, I'm also thankful that the appendicitis didn't happen on a bus somewhere in the middle of Tanzania. The Lord's plans are always best!

My flight leaves from Minneapolis today (1/8) around 3 pm. I'll route through Amsterdam again this trip but the layover isn't really long enough to get out of the airport and look around. Maybe on the way back. I'm leaving from MSP this time because my family and I were able to spend a few days with our new grandson who was received the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Spirit through the water and word of baptism (Titus 3:4-5) yesterday.

I am excited to get back to Tanzania. The last time I was there was in 2012 when I led the Mission Helper Team to Tanzania. While I am there my schedule includes hosting a general pastoral conference for the pastors of the three districts of the CLC-TZ. I will also visit the three districts in Arusha, Moshi, and Mkanya and teach pastoral training lessons. The CLC-TZ also has contacts in Dar es Salaam that we are planning to visit. All of this will make for a busy three weeks.

 CLC-Tanzania Districts

No comments: