Sunday, June 30, 2019
CLC Mission Opportunities Prayer List...July 2019
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you...
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NKJV)
1. India – South India, where many of our brothers and sisters in Christ live, is again experiencing extreme heat and severe drought. Many of our brothers and sisters in Christ are suffering. Pray that the Lord will send the rains soon and provide relief from the extreme heat.
2. India – Persecution of Christians in India continues to increase. Recent elections have given more power to the Hindu nationalists who seek to establish Hinduism as the only and official religion of India.
3. India – Pray for Pastor David P. as he visits our brothers and sisters in Christ in India over the next couple of weeks. Pray also for the pastors, leaders, and members he is working with to assist in training pastors.
4. Mission Helper Trip – On Tuesday, July 2nd nine CLC Mission Helpers will fly to East Africa to spend three weeks conducting child evangelism. They will divide into two teams. One team will go to Tanzania and the other team to Zambia. You can follow the trip blog at: https://2019clcmhteastafrica.blogspot.com/
5. Nepal – Pastor Raju recently reported that several new Christians were baptized in the Raigaon district. This is an area the HCLC-Nepal has conducted evangelism seminars. There were over fifty new people who attended the most recent evangelism seminar following the baptisms. Praise the Lord blessing this effort to call sinners out of the darkness of unbelief and into the marvelous light of our Savior’s love and salvation.
6. Missionary Evensen in Togo – Missionary Peter Evensen is getting settled into his apartment and work in Lomé. Pray a prayer of thanksgiving for the Lord’s provisions in helping to get Missionary Evensen moved to and settled in to his new home and the work. Pray also that the Lord will continue to bless this transition to Togo and the work he is doing to assist in training men to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word. You can read Missionary Evensen’s blog at: http://evensen.lutheranmissions.org/
7. CLC Online Theological Studies – continue to pray for individuals in the following countries around the world who are studying God’s word through email correspondence courses as they continue to train to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word:
1. Senegal, West Africa
2. D. R. Congo, Central Africa
3. Liberia, West Africa
4. Bangladesh, South East Asia
5. Zimbabwe, Africa
6. Myanmar, South East Asia
7. Tanzania, East Africa
8. Kenya, East Africa
9. Uganda, East Africa
10. Congo-Brazzaville, Central Africa