Sunday, December 9, 2018
CLC Mission Opportunities Prayer List - 09 DEC 2018
1. Uganda – Pastor Daniel Mugeni of Iganga, Uganda is recovering from a serious hernia operation. He is out of the hospital and recovering at home.
2. Nepal – It was recently reported by our brother in Kathmandu that more than one hundred non-Nepalese individuals were accused of violating the newly enacted anti-conversion laws. These individuals had their visas revoked and were deported for participating in religious activities and evangelism. Our brothers and sisters in Christ in Nepal have not yet had any trouble but they are being very careful with their outreach efforts. The first deportations were reported in a local back in July. Pray that the Lord will protect our brothers and sisters in Christ in Nepal as they continue to proclaim God’s saving word with boldness and confidence.
3. Myanmar – Pastor Charles in Yangon reports that the ongoing has brought a lot of international political pressure causing a rather un-settled political climate in Myanmar. These struggles have caused much hardship for many of God’s children that he serves. Pray that the Lord will provide for all the needs of His people and give them the strength to persevere as they continue to serve the Lord in the midst of these trials.
4. Nigeria – Islamic extremists, who until recently have been concentrated in the north of Nigeria, have been moving into and causing problems in the areas where the NCLC are located. Just recently and held for ransom. Also, resulted in the Nigerian Army opening fire on the protestors and killing several. In addition to all of this, local and national elections are scheduled for early 2019 with several Muslim candidates running for offices. Many fear violence if these Muslim candidates are not elected. Pray!
5. Nigeria – Rejoice in the Lord’s provision as two men who have successfully completed the five-year seminary course of the NCLC Luther Bible Institute will graduate, be ordained, and assigned to a congregation on December 15th! Pray that the Lord will bless their ministry!
6. Nigeria – There are six men who have applied to enter the seminary beginning in January. Their applications are being reviewed by the faculty. If all of the men are approved for enrollment, this will be one of the largest classes to begin the five-year seminary course. Pray that the Lord will bless the students and faculty in their work and that He will provide them all that is necessary to prepare themselves for the public ministry.
7. Nigeria – Our brothers and sisters in Christ of the Nigeria-CLC are facing a variety of challenges as they work together to provide both spiritual and bodily care for orphaned children. Please pray that the Lord will provide them the wisdom, compassion, and all that is needed to carry out this important work.
8. India – It was recently reported by our brothers of the CLCI that they are facing increased persecution by Hindu extremists. Just a few weeks ago the CLCI was conducting outreach evangelism in a village. During the evangelism effort several Hindu extremists began shouting and disrupting the event. A few individuals began to record their actions on their cell phones as evidence. The Hindu extremists then turned physically violent and began to beat those in attendance and to destroy the tent and equipment. When all was said and done several individuals were injured and cell phones, a laptop, a projector, and sound equipment was either destroyed or stolen. All of this was reported to the local police but there no one expects anything to come of it. Please pray that the Lord would replace any discouragement and doubt that this may have caused among His children with the Joy of salvation and a firm committed to be faithful to the Lord even unto death.
9. Tanzania – The leaders of the CLC-Tanzania continue to make preparations for classes to begin in February at the newly established Wartburg Lutheran Seminary in Arusha, Tanzania. There are currently twelve men from four districts who are planning to study God’s word as they prepare for the ministry. Pray for both students and teachers that the Lord will bless this effort and that He will provide all that is necessary for this important work to go forward.
10. Missionary to India – Plans are for our missionary to return to India in January. Pray that the Lord will bless his return to India to continue the work of training and encouraging men to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word.
11. Visiting Missionary – Missionary Ohlmann recently returned home from Nigeria a few days before Thanksgiving. He is thankful for the opportunity to be home with his family through the Christmas season. He is scheduled to leave on January 9th for a nine-week visitation trip that will take him to Tanzania, Zambia, Myanmar, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Pray for safe and uneventful travel and God’s blessings on the opportunities to train and encourage men to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s word. Pray also for his wife and family while he is away.
12. CLC Online Theological Studies – continue to pray for individuals in the following countries around the world who are studying God’s word through email correspondence courses as they continue to train to be faithful preachers and teachers of God’s saving word:
1. Senegal, West Africa
2. Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa
3. Togo, West Africa
4. Liberia, West Africa
5. Bangladesh, South East Asia
6. Zimbabwe, Africa
7. Myanmar, South East Asia
8. Tanzania, East Africa
9. Kenya, East Africa
10. Uganda, East Africa